Top 6 Reasons To Install Fly Screens In Your Home.
I’m always amazed at the number of new houses and apartments that are being built around Australia where fly screens are offered as an option. Surely with our climate and lifestyle screens should be standard. So here are some reasons why I think you should install screens in your home.
- Enjoy fresh air in your home without the flies and mozzies. There is nothing like the feeling of opening up your home to a fresh breeze. Out with the stale air and in with the fresh! The feeling you get is certainly cleaner than you get from air conditioned or recycled air, which leads me to…
- Energy Efficiency. Summer in Australia is all about pumping up the fans and air conditioners. Sure it feels cool while they are on, but it’s not “cool” when the electricity bills come in. By installing the right fly screens you can switch off those appliances and let the air circulate naturally, all the while saving you money on electricity bills.
- Eliminate the need for Chemical Pest Control/Sprays. There are so many different and new insect repellent and pest sprays on the market now for home use. You can get full strength, low irritant, fragrant free, automated spraying (with timer!). You name it there is a spray. Call me old fashioned, but if I can smell it can’t be good for me. If I can’t smell it I worry about what’s in it to stop it smelling. In short an insect screen is the ultimate natural pest control.
- Hygiene. Unfortunately insects need homes too. Kitchens are often a favourite place for nasty bugs to relocate to due to the warm environment and “a la cart’ food options. By installing a fly screen you are protecting your home and family from dirty creepy crawlies moving in and possibly spreading disease.
- Insect Bites and Stings. Not only can they be painful, but for some, an insect bite or sting can have very serious consequences. There is a rising number of people developing allergies to bites. Preventing any possibility of getting bitten is really important especially around children and the elderly.
- A good night’s sleep. “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” ―Dalai Lama XIV. – Say no more.