Artilux Australia Pty Ltd (Artilux) warrants to the original purchaser an Artilux insect screen (Artilux Retractable Fly screen or Artilux Pleated Insect Screen) that should this product or any part be proven defective in material or workmanship, from the date of purchase for a period of no more than 7 years subject to the paragraph below, such defect(s) will be repaired or replaced at Artilux’s option without charge for parts or labour for such defect(s).
Aluminium frames (excluding paint finishes), PVC and POM (plastic fittings), and steel components are covered by a 7 year warranty. Insect mesh as used in both Retractable and Pleated Screens is covered by a 12 month warranty. Tensioning Cord as used in Pleated Insect Screen is covered by a 12 month warranty.
Artilux assumes no liability under this warranty for the following:
- DIY installations are NOT covered by this warranty.
- Misuse, abuse or neglect, accidental or intentional damage.
- Damage to the mesh or the screen components caused by humans or pets walking into the screen when in use.
- Damage or deterioration caused to the screen components by inadequate maintenance (i.e. failure to routinely remove dirt, dust and debris from the channels and mesh).
- Exposure to windy conditions (maximum rated wind speed 7m/s or 25 km per hour).
- Improper adjustment or operation by the purchaser.
- Improper maintenance or installation by others.
- Fading and deterioration of surface finish due to extreme exposure to sun, rain, abrasion, heat and /or cold.
- Damage caused by contamination of screen mesh due to exposure to excessive moisture, construction dust or debris, and aggressive cleaning agents.
- Inaccurate or incorrect site or operational specifications (Applies to DIY installations, when site or application is not recommended by an Artilux representative or approved Artilux installer).
- Unauthorised repair or modification.
- Damage caused by misuse, normal wearing of cord and track and mesh components or use of other than residential applications, accidents and “acts of god”.
- This warranty shall only apply if the purchaser contacts the supplier to report any product defect within 7 days of receipt of goods or within 7 days of any product defect becoming evident to the purchaser. To obtain repairs or replacement within the terms of this warranty, the product must be delivered with proof of purchase, to the supplier if required.
- Except as provided herein, Artilux makes no other warranties whatsoever, express or implied, as to performance, characteristics, specifications or conditions of the product, including but not limited to merchantability or fitness for purpose.
- Where such limitation of liability is not prohibited or void under any applicable legislation, Artilux liability for any loss or damage whatsoever (including consequential and economic loss) and howsoever arising (including but not limited to contract, tort and negligence) directly or indirectly in connection with their products or supply thereof, shall be limited to any one or more of the following as determined by Artilux, in its absolute discretion:
(i) The replacement of the product or the supply of equivalent products;
(ii) The repair of such product;
(iii) The payment of the cost of replacing the product or of acquiring equivalent products or;
(iv) The payment of the cost of having the product replaced.