Artilux was the first company to introduce retractable insect screens in Australia. With over 25 years experience in the industry you can trust Artilux when it comes to retractable fly screens.
Artilux retractable fly screens and pleated insect screens are designed to integrate seamlessly to your living areas. We acknowledge that your expectation is to make them a perfect addition to your home. Our systems are suitable for almost any application in windows and doors including: screens for bi-fold doors, screens for french doors, screens for stacker doors and difficult to screen areas.
The Artilux difference.
You are not just buying a retractable fly screens, you are making them part of your home. At Artilux, we really understand the difference. For that reason, we are constantly innovating and improving our products. Our retractable fly screens and pleated insect screens are the best choice simply because of our attention to all the small details that make them work better, look better and work relentlessly.
We encourage you to compare our product and decide for yourself. As part of our professional advice, we recommend you look for the following features when you decide to buy retractable screens:
> A seamless addition into your home
- Our flyscreens and pleated insect screens can be rebated / recessed making the tracks virtually disappear into the frames making the opening barrier free and visually clean.
- Different from other retractable fly screens, the Artilux system features 3 different cassette sizes, making them more suitable and discreet in different kinds of openings.
- Our newest design, the Allegro™ Pleated Screen features a 11 mm bottom track and 28 mm frame making it discreet and visually attractive, specially in openings with narrow frames.
> Comfortable and easy to use
- All of our retractable fly screens feature a Soft Close Mechanism that allows you to release the screen at any point and it will retract smoothly. You don’t need to walk it back every time and it won’t slam back into the cassette.
- We have also developed different insect screen systems to suit different needs and types of opening. To understand which one is better for your application, take a look at Standard Soft Close, Multi-Lock Soft Close, Chain Glide Soft Close and Allegro™ Pleated Insect Screens.
> Functionality and reliability
- Our pleated insect screens can cover openings up to 8 metres wide (with a double unit Allegro™ Pleated Screen) and our retractable fly screens can cover up to 6 metres wide (with a double unit Standard or Multi-Lock).
- Our insect screens include unique features that make them work better, such as narrow tracks with buttons and hooks that prevent the mesh from dropping or blowing out (a common challenge with insect screens in wide openings).
- Our retractable fly screens designs include brushes in the bottom track that prevent the mesh from blowing out and insects crawling into the track and under the mesh.
> Quality and value
- Compared to windows and doors which come with an integrated screen, Artilux Insect Screens are not only more affordable, but very easy to maintain (or repair if given the case) as the mechanisms are accessible for service.
- Our fly screens are made of top quality extruded aluminium, durable PVC-coated or Polyester mesh. They are engineered to last and come with a 7-year warranty.
- We recommend a professional installation by an qualified Artilux installer or reseller. Alternatively, they are available in DIY kit form for experienced renovators and builders.
- Artilux offers the following range of standard colours:
- Retractable fly screens: Clear Anodise, Pearl White, Satin Black, White Birch, Hammersly Brown.
- Pleated insect screens: Clear Anodise, Pearl White, Satin Black.
- Should you require a special colour or timber look, these finishes are also available on request. Simply choose from the Dulux® or Interpon® powder coating charts or the Deco Wood® Decorative Imaging range.